watching rainbows...

Monday, May 21, 2007

A BOBO DOLL
(not a stupid doll. a bobo (pronounced as bowbow {as in bow&arrow} doll)

A little while ago, a friend of mine and I were talking about this guy that I likeD (emphasis on the word tense) and how I don't like him anymore. Well, this friend, being a great friend of that person too, kept on insisting that I like him still. Then I kept on thinking of reasons on why I still treat him the same way even if I don't like him anymore. Well, partially the same way, I guess. Then, out of all the stigma of EDSP114, I suddenly remebered Bandura and his bobo doll. Then it hit me, he's my very own, BOBO DOLL.

For those of you who do not know what a bobo doll is, I'll tell you. A bobo doll is that toy that everybody does not know what to call. (haha!) Well, actually, it's that little cylindrical rubber toy that has sand at the bottom. Kids, well, they punch it, and by the powers of the laws of Physics, it comes back up again. My friend then asked if it were like a punching bag, and I think it's not the same as a punching bag. You see, although the purpose is fairly the same, there are a lot of differences between a bobo doll and a punching bag. For starters, a punching bag hangs from the ceiling, it's all way up there and kind of hard to reach, on the contrary a bobo doll stands on the floor and is definitely within a person's reach, it does not sway like a punching bag, it's just there. YES JUST THERE. Another notable difference is the way it comes back when you hit it. a punching bag, when punched, will go back in a swing as a reaction to the force you applied, it's all because of gravity and the force with which you hit it combined, nothing more. On the other hand, a bobo doll pops back up not because of gravity but because of the weight it holds at its feet, yes the force applied may really influence the velocity and force of the bobo doll when pops right back up, but only because the force you applied made it hit the floor and "bounce" back again, fighting back in a very different manner than the gravity-corrupting punching bag. The third difference between the two is the way by which their bodies are formed. The punching bag achieves its shape because of all the sand that fills it up. It is full and is heavy. However, the bobo doll is filled only with air and a little sand at its feet. IT IS EMPTY AND LIGHT. The next difference I can note between these two is the manner by which they loose their shape. A punching bag looses its shape when it looses its sand, through all the punching and force it takes everytime a person hits it. The stitches loosen with every punch and soon the sand in it will fall out. The bobo doll will loose its air when it is poked, when a pointed object is thrust through its skin and when that happens, there's only two things that it may trigger, either the bobo doll pops or it releases all of its air quietly. In the end, both the punching bag and the bobo doll will be a far cry from their previous forms, but their last difference is what is left when all of these happen. The punching bag will have nothing when all its sand falls out, however, the bobo doll, when all the empty light air is gone, will have that little bit of sand it quietly keeps below. IT WILL NEVER BE LEFT WITHOUT ANYTHING.

That is how I see him in my life. He is my bobo doll. My very own bobo doll. I may not solely own him, but in my eyes, he's my only bobo doll. HE'S JUST THERE, HE MAY APPEAR EMPTY AND LIGHT, BUT IN THE END, HE WILL NEVER BE LEFT WITHOUT ANYTHING or even anyone.

(No more explaining to do, I have done it all in the previous paragraph and
it is only up to my readers how they will interpret the things I just wrote.)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home