watching rainbows...

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Okay. It's 2.41 in the morning and I am still wide awake. I can't sleep. I am jittery and anxious. My heart rate's crazy fast and I know I am miles away from being able to sleep. YES. I had too much caffeine for today. Haha! I had a Venti mocha frappuccino over a larynx model I was finishing. All thanks to Anton (wait? thanks to Anton? Parang ako taya ah!)...HAHAHA! Yes partner! In your words, "that's how we do..."

*****

Can I just say that Sir Jalton Taguibao is one of the BEST teachers I've ever had since I became an active member of the academic community. WOW. He is just...WOW.

*****

Most, if not all, of my friends will tell you that I usually leave nothing for myself. Not my pride, not my dignity, not anything. It's really funny when people tell me, "Kat, magtira ka naman para sa sarili mo." But I can't just do that. You see, I have this principle of giving what you have until you can't anymore. It sounds so absurd at first but it's just how I do things. There are certain things that you just can't give enough of. I don't think that it matters what it costs you as long as you are sure of what you are doing. I don't think it's wrong to sacrifice your happiness for something that you know would be great and would make even one person in your life happy. There's no room for selfishness in this world. It's not that I'm saying that you must always put the people around you first, all I'm saying is that if you can help, do not hesitate to do so, the best way you can. Life will always be difficult for all of us, but it wouldn't hurt if you could help even one person with the load he or she's carrying; it may sometimes hurt, it may sometimes be difficult, but it would always be worth it. And now I give to you what I told my friend Danielle the other day, "Sometimes, when we think less of what we can acquire, we gain more."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home